Folic Acid Complex
Herbs of Gold Folic Acid Complex provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid which, if taken daily for at least one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with spina bifida/neural tube defects. Contains co-methylcobalamin, the metabolically active form of vitamin B12 in the body.
- Preconception care
- Iodine for brain development
- Activated vitamin B12
Always read the label.
Follow the directions for use.
If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional.
- Provides a daily dose of 500mcg of folic acid, which if taken daily for one month before conception and during pregnancy, may reduce the risk of having a child with brain and spinal cord defects such as spina bifida/neural tube defects and anencephaly.
- Folic Acid Complex contains the active form of vitamin B12, co-methylcobalamin, which is more readily used by the body compared to other forms of vitamin B12, such as cyanocobalamin.
- Vitamin B12 is an important cofactor for folic acid function.
- Vitamin B12 is required for the synthesis of myelin, the protective sheath surrounding many nerves.
- Vitamin B12 helps maintain healthy cognitive function.
- Folic acid and vitamin B12 are important for healthy cell growth, replication and division.
- Vitamin B6 may help relieve morning sickness in pregnant women.
- Vitamin B6 maintains healthy immune function and is necessary for red blood cell formation.
- Iodine requirements are increased during pregnancy and lactation. Adequate iodine is necessary for healthy brain, skeletal and central nervous system development in fetuses and infants.
- Folic Acid Complex helps maintain a healthy cardiovascular system by maintaining healthy homocysteine metabolism.
- Vitamins B12, B6 and folic acid can assist in maintaining normal blood in healthy individuals.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 are required for healthy nervous system function.
- Vitamins B6 and B12 assist in the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
- The elderly, strict vegetarians and vegans are at increased risk of vitamin B12 deficiency.
Each tablet contains:
|Mecobalamin (co-methylcobalamin) (active vitamin B12)||500mcg|
|equiv. Pyridoxine (vitamin B6) 41.1mg|
|Iodine (as potassium iodide)||275mcg|
|Does not contain added egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nut or animal products, yeast, gluten, lactose, artificial colourings, flavourings or preservatives.|
Adults – Take 1 tablet daily, with food, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner. Start taking 3 months prior to planning a pregnancy.
Do not exceed the stated dose except on medical advice. If you have had a baby with a neural tube defect/spina bifida, seek specific medical advice.
Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.